Thursday, July 2, 2009

I think I'm gonna do it!

I've been contemplating getting my personal training certification for awhile now.  And ISSA is running a promotion right now (which ends tomorrow) so the cost would be $100 less.  I've discussed it with Bradley and my mom and they both support me on it.  I'm just a little hesitant because the money could certainly be used towards the wedding.  But, at my current job, I have a lot of down time (read: bored out of my mind time) and I would love to use that to study for my exam, so I could be just about ready to be certified once we return from our honeymoon and start our new lives together.  I'm not a huge fan of my current job, it has nothing to do with what I went to school for or even have an interest in, and the pay is crap.  PT appeals to me because I have a definite interest in fitness (even if I might not always want to workout), I like the idea of setting my own hours, and I think it'll make me more of an expert when I want to freelance write for fitness magazines (I went to school for writing), plus the flexible hours will hopefully eventually put me in a better position to have more time to write.  I've never been excited about having the same office job, M-F, for the rest of my life.  I'd like to do something that gives me more room to work on many things at once.  I also think PT will pay better than my current job, which is important if Bradley  and I ever want to have a family.  Ick.  I need to make up my mind asap!  Why do I over think things all the time??

2 comments:

{lisa} said...

Trust me, you're not over thinking things. I'm the same way and sometimes you just have to pray about it and then go with it. It sounds like a great idea the PT and I am going through the same "what am I going to do with my life" thoughts. It will all work out. (I'm talking to you and me!)

Melinda said...

Thanks Lisa! Hopefully we both find careers that we love.