Monday, February 16, 2009

My Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day has never been too big a deal with me and my fiance, but we usually try to do something nice.  This year he worked during the day and I spent the day being a basketcase because I barely slept the night before due to my back pain.  I was even yelling at my dog. which rarely happens because he's so darn cute!  But I did manage to get it semi together and make dinner.  I made Filet Mignon, zucchini, portobello mushrooms, artichokes, and scallions marinated in balsamic vinegar and olive oil and a cauliflower mash.  I got the recipe from Men's Health magazine.  It was really good and really good for you!  We do need to get a grill pan though.  So after dinner we had these for dessert:
I had the cake batter delux and he had the sweet cream and they were yummy, but I have to say I think Cold stone could have done better!  They should have mixed the cake and ice cream together and then put it in the chocolate cupcake wrapper.  Especially since Cold stone's whole thing is about mixing things into ice cream!  Oh well, these are new and only for a limited time so maybe next time they come out with them they'll be better!
Despite my ice cream cupcake dessert, I managed to lose 2 lbs. last week!  Woo hoo!
Valentine's Day ended up being great, good food and time with my fiance and the card he gave me made me cry (in a good way)!  ha.
I hope everyone had a great day!

No comments: