Saturday, March 14, 2009

My skeleton

So, maybe some of you will remember that awhile back I was having pain in the upper left side of my back and left arm?  After about 3 weeks I went to the doctor and got an x-ray of my spine and shoulder and they saw some sort of mass on my shoulder so I had to go get a full body bone scan.  In the time between the x-rays and the bone scan (because I had to wait for insurance to approve it) my back and arm pain pretty much went away, but I still got the scan anyway, just to be safe.  I haven't heard from the doctor yet (I got the scan Thursday night) so I guess I'll hear something next week.  
If you haven't had a bone scan before, it goes like this.  You go to the radiologist and they inject you with a radioactive fluid, then you come back 3 hours later (after drinking 24 oz. of fluid) and you lay on a table, completely still and this huge machine above you (closer to me than I thought it'd be) makes it's way slowly from the top of your body to your toes, and it takes about 20 minutes to get down your body.  I tried to breathe, stay calm,  and at first I counted in my head but then my mind started to wander and as usual I had some crazy random thoughts.  But, it wasn't so bad.  I guess now I just have to wait and see.  I wanted to show everyone my scan isn't it cool?  I want to hang it up but the fiance said I can't!  Ha. 

No comments: